Saturday 3 July 2010

Komodo Dragon?


Not quite. I spotted this little devil crossing the tiles in my flat. My deft lizard wrangling skills quickly drove it out the door, but not before I managed to snap this award winning photograph of it. I'm sure you'll see this image gracing the cover of a National Geographic soon.

Aside from the very rare mosquito I haven't been bothered by the wildlife of Milan, though I'm given to understand that during August there is such a population boom in mosquitos that most of the locals head for the Italian Lakes to the north.

I hope to make the trip tomorrow in an attempt to reconnoitre the area for day trips when Rachel and Oscar come to visit for a long weekend at the end of the month. Armed with TomTom on my iPhone and Lonely Planet's Italian Lakes guidebook I plan to brave the autostrade, overcome my fear of foreign toll booths and solo the 45 minute drive north. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment