Tuesday 12 July 2011

Gone Bush

Here I am in chilly Chinchilla where the current temperature is about 5C and is set to drop to just above 0C during the night. It took me the best part of 4 hours to get here - cruising along at 100ks an hour - to get to this small agricultural town in south-western Queensland. And when I look at the map I'm staggered at how much more of Queensland there is to the west and north of me. Staggered I say.

I shot some photos along the way as a memento of the trip, during which I saw my first road train (a lorry/truck that has a minimum of 3 - and sometimes up to 5 - trailers being pulled by the tractor). Sadly I didn't get any of the snaps of it as they kick out so much dust and gravel (even on a tarmaced road) that it's too dangerous to stop on the verge for a photo opportunity.

So here I am, sat in the White Gums Motel, enjoying a hot lasagne and a cold XXXX. Ah, Australia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment