Monday 31 May 2010

Hotel Out/Flat In

After staying in Milan's city centre the night I arrived, on Monday I relocated to Melegnano where I have been for the last week. Geolog's hotel of choce is the Il Telegrapho just a few minutes walk from the town centre, not that I got a chance to see anything because I've been so knackered after a 9am to 7pm day at the Geolog office.

But now I'm out of the hotel and in a flat that Geolog has rented. It's about a 10 minute drive from the office, and thankfully Geolog has provided me with a Fiant Uno to nip about with. About a minute away from the apartment block is a huge Carrefour supermarket, a shopping mall with all the usual, a home furnishings and electronics store, DIY place, couple of restaurants and a bowling alley. And on the way to work is a Lidl, and about ten minutes away is an Ikea. Now if I could only find a way to get internet access I'll be set.

Anyway, the flat is amazing. It's fully furnished, has air conditioning and is very modern. The whole block is brand new, has great security and lifts that take me to my luxury fourth floor pad. Inside is a well appointed kitchen (I know I sound like an estate agent) with all the mod cons, which opens onto the dining-cum-living room and balcony. The flat's owner has bought a 21" TV and freeview receiver (one English channel - BBC World) that has a USB memory stick reader so I don't have to watch all my downloads on my laptop. The bathroom has a nice power shower and a washing machine so neither I nor my clothes need be dirty. The bedroom has a massive bed and with the shutters down the room is dark and quiet as a tomb. I sleep the sleep of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment